Guidance to help employers, employees and the self-employed understand how to work safely during the coronavirus pandemic.
The government, in consultation with industry, has produced guidance to help ensure workplaces are as safe as possible.
These 8 guides cover a range of different types of work. Many businesses operate more than one type of workplace, such as an office, factory and fleet of vehicles. You may need to use more than one of these guides as you think through what you need to do to keep people safe.
1️. Construction & other outdoor work – For people who work in or run outdoor working environments.
2. Factories, plants & warehouses – For people who work in or run factories, plants & warehouses.
3️. Labs and research facilities – For people who work in or run indoor labs & research facilities & similar environments.
4. Offices & contact centres – For people who work in or run offices, contact centres & similar indoor environments.
5. Other people’s homes – For people working in, visiting or delivering to other people’s homes.
6. Restaurants offering takeaway or delivery – For people who work in or run restaurants offering takeaway or delivery services.
7. Shops & branches – For people who work in or run shops, branches, stores or similar environments.
8. Vehicles – For people who work in or from, including couriers, mobile workers, lorry drivers, on-site transit & work vehicles, field forces & similar.